All appointment scheduling is done on-line only. Appointments via phone, Booking time in advance of obtaining a vehicle release, Same-Day appointments and Walk-In’s are NOT available. We apologize, there are NO EXCEPTIONS!
All vehicle redemption appointments include the return of personal property. There is not reason to make two appointments. If you schedule two appointments, both will be canceled and you must start over.
You MUST complete the following in advance of attempting to book a vehicle redemption appointment with Recovery America:
(1) Contact Bank/Finance Company/Lending Institution
- Contact the collections department at your finance company and confirm your vehicle has been approved for release
- The only individual permitted to redeem a vehicle must be the individual listed on the account as it was sent to us AND the official release from your bank.
- If it is desired that someone OTHER than the primary person listed on both the account and official bank release pick up the vehicle, you MUST obtain a 3rdparty release. YOUR Bank/Finance Company/Lending Institution will give you their instructions on how to obtain and process a 3rd party release
- Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will Recovery America release a vehicle to anyone other than the individual listed on both the account and official bank release
- Verify your bank/finance company/lending institution has sent your release paperwork to THEIR 3rd Party Agent. Recovery America is NOT the 3rd party agent.
(2) Contact 3rd Party Agent
- Verify the 3rd Party Agent has received and all release paperwork from your Bank/Finance Company/Lending institution and that they have processed/sent those releases to Recovery America
- It is YOUR responsibility to contact the 3rd Party agent to verify all releases have been sent to us PRIOR to booking an appointment
- If your bank indicates they have a DIRECT relationship with Recovery America and as such do not utilize a 3rd party forwarding agent, you may proceed directly to step 3 "Booking Your Appointment."
(3) Booking Your Appointment
- You will NOT be able to schedule your appointment the same day we receive your release but appointment times are generally available as soon as the following business day. The process during peak times can take up to 72 hours
- Attempting to Book or “Reserve” a time in advance of Recovery America having your release in hand will result in your appointment reservation being CANCELED
- After booking, you will receive an Email and/or Text RECEIPT NOTICE. THIS IS NOT AN APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION!
- A Recovery America associate will reach out to you via the phone number you provided to confirm the details of your appointment
- After your appointment, you will receive an Email and/or Text confirmation and confirmation number. Be sure to answer any calls coming from phone numbers you may not recognize!
- A scheduled appointment that is canceled within 2 hours of the scheduled time or simply a “no call/no show” is subject to a cancellation fee
- Per State of Ohio, all property is retained for 30 days from the date your vehicle was repossessed. Individual Lender requirements may vary.
(4) What To Bring
- Valid Government issued ID with picture such as a Driver’s License or passport
- Your text and/or email confirmation notice AND confirmation number. No Confirmation, No Service
- We do not accept credit cards, Work ID’s, Social Security Cards, Library Cards, Jail ID’s as valid forms of identification
- Keys to the vehicle
- If you are cleaning the property out of your vehicle, bring your own boxes or bags. We have bags available, for a fee
- ANY FEES OWED AT THE TIME OF YOUR APPOINTMENT ARE TO BE PAID IN CASH ONLY. EXACT CHANGE IS REQUIRED. RECOVERY AMERICA DOES NOT KEEP CHANGE ON SITE
(5) Rules On-Site
- Please DO NOT arrive more than 10 minutes early or 10 minutes late. If you are early, wait until your scheduled time and come in through the doors marked “Recovery America”
- Our personnel will treat you with respect and we expect the same in return. If you can not speak and/or act civil while on site, your appointment will be canceled and you will be required to leave and re-schedule at a future date and time
- Do NOT park in front of a door or block thru traffic lanes on our lot
- Only ONE person is allowed in the room at a time and this will be the person listed on the release. If two people are listed on the release, ONLY ONE PERSON IS ALLOWED IN THE ROOM AT A TIME
- The appointment holder will be held responsible for their own behavior and the behavior of anyone that they bring along
- Due to COVID-19, for your safety and ours, we ask that you please wear a mask and rubber gloves while on site at our facility
- Even though your car has been parked and not running, there are systems in modern vehicles that constantly “draw” power from your cars battery. As such, it is a COMMON occurrence that batteries do go dead, especially if your vehicle has been here longer than few days. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you bring jumper cables and/or a jump box “just in case.” This is a chargeable service if you have us do it.
- Our facilities are closely monitored by Closed Circuit TV and Video Camera